Here is a quick update on my Chantix journey. Today is my second day taking it. Here are some things I have noticed so far:
- I feel kind of "out of it" or a little loopy
- definite indigestion (burpy). In fact, I woke up twice in the middle of the night from sudden hiccups! That has never happened before.
- Very flat emotions. Not happy, not sad but very.... flat.
I guess I can deal okay with these side effects. None of them are dramatic and I will just keep monitoring how this pill makes me feel.
Now, for the effect it has had on smoking:
- Already by day 2 on Chantix, the cigarettes taste yuckier
- I find myself not wanting to smoke the whole thing
I was planning on giving the Chantix a full week before quitting again. I have a feeling I won't wait that long. If there is no enjoyment in smoking at all, why bother? That must be the whole point of Chantix. I will keep you updated!